Anonymous asked: The source and via from your Spin Madly On Theme disappeared and I don’t know how that happened. Can you tell me how I can get it back? I’ve edited my theme the way I wanted it.
Wow, you’re the first one to complain about that. But unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do until you let me take a look at your site. I can’t work blindly because as you said, you’ve already edited the theme to your liking.
Anonymous asked: what are you doing in seattle? are you living there alone? what jobs are you lookin for? i think it’s cool you trying to be independent
It’s for work (as a nurse). Yes, I’m living alone. Thanks, glad you think so! It’s not all glamour as I previously thought/everyone thinks it is. :)
Anonymous asked: uhm, I’m thinking of visiting seattle for about 2-3 days, and do you have any suggestions on like what to see and do? I’m not really that much reader of book guides. thanks a lot x
Anonymous asked: oh, re the seattle suggestions, I’d like some cheap way to do it, like walking and public transpo
Oh, God. I still don’t have Seattle memorized to give out trip suggestions, I’m afraid. But as to see and do, well, there’s the obvious:
- Space Needle—best during New Year’s, in my opinion, for the fireworks; we went before.
- Kerry Park—great view of the city, if you’re a photographer or just like a breathtaking view.
- Pike Place Market—harbor view, lots of neat market things. And if you walk a little more south, you’ll come across Ye Olde Curiosity Shop, a cute souvenir store. They sell homemade fudge and I just bought 1/2 pound of it earlier, so…
Outside of downtown:
- University of Washington—really pretty. If you’re a Potterhead you can see the Reading Room in the Suzzallo & Allen Libraries.
- Ballard—very nice neighborhood, we had dinner there once. There aren’t actually any houses there. It’s just blocks and blocks of appetizing restaurants (I’m kidding, but yeah).
I really don’t know what you like, so I can’t help much. My friend Myra’s been living here for over a year and she and her husband were kind enough to supply me with insider’s information. You can ask her if you like. As for the public transportation, taking the bus is easy but kind of expensive so take advantage of the transfers. If you’re going to walk, it’s fine, I actually recommend it. Just keep it downtown as beyond that it’s going to be a steep climb.
Anonymous asked: do you shoot through the viewfinder or live view?
I mostly shoot through the viewfinder, but I would prefer live view for focusing and framing reasons, if only it didn’t a) eat the battery life so much; b) allow nosy bastards from behind to take a look at what I’m taking a photo of; c) black-out during sunny days.
Anonymous asked: Seriously, I thought you were the youngest in the family. How old are your sisters?
Hahahaha. I get that a lot, but my younger sister wouldn’t appreciate that comment. Anyway, I’m the oldest, and my sisters are turning 21 and 19 this year.