It’s nearing Valentine’s and sure, it’s to celebrate love (and Saint Valentine), but why can’t we heartbroken singles also use it to celebrate our closeted bitterness that we can’t let out the rest of the 364 days of the year? I mean, seriously. We’re always expected to be OK but we’re often lonely and Valentine’s Day, whether we admit it or not, will always be the salt on the wound.
So I made a mix on 8tracks to celebrate the cynicism and hatred for old loves and our loneliness. We can stop trying to be OK for this one day of the year. Give the brave face a rest, plug in Bridget Jones’ Diary, and pour hot fudge over a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. Screw the rest.
- “Break Your Little Heart” - All Time Low
- “Sending Postcards From A Plane Crash (Wish You Were Here)” - Fall Out Boy
- “Dance Floor Anthem (I Don’t Want To Be In Love)” - Good Charlotte
- “Misery” - Maroon 5
- “King of Wishful Thinking” - New Found Glory feat. Patrick Stump
- “That’s What You Get” - Paramore
- “Catastrophe” - Forever The Sickest Kids
- “Unwell” - Matchbox Twenty
- “Gives You Hell” - The All-American Rejects
- “Cold Hard Bitch” - Jet
- “A Friendly Goodbye” - Bowling For Soup
- “Loneliest Person I Know” - Splender
- “A Decade Under The Influence” - Taking Back Sunday
- “Do It Alone” - Sugarcult
- “Trade Mistakes” - Panic! At The Disco
- “Blue Skies” - Noah & the Whale
…Of course, ending with something optimistic.