“SEA PRIDE” THEME!
The layout I’m using at the moment is now available for installation! I didn’t submit it to the Theme Garden due to the might-be, might-not-be similarities with
Sitjin Sitjn goddamn it Stijn’s other theme, but it’s alright!
Some fine notes you ought to read before you install:
- One thing you need to be prepared for is that once you paste the codes and update the preview, it’s not going to look much. There would be no background and it would seem flat. And that’s OK! Just save it, close the Customize page, and then open it again. Now it’ll look more decent. Closing and reopening the Customize page is, I’m afraid, necessary for you to be able to fully customize the theme.
- The background will be different, but it would still be nice. You can upload your background directly from your computer. (On my next post, I’m giving out free backgrounds you can use!)
- Your profile icon will not show up as sidebar image. To add the sidebar image, upload the photo you want somewhere (I’d recommend the Tumblr static file upload), get its URL, and then paste that URL in the textbox labeled “Sidebar image URL” found under the Appearance options of your theme.
- I would say that uploading a sidebar image is kind of necessary, as it would allow your viewers to go back to your home page upon clicking it.
- Twitter feed is also available, and for my own minimalistic tastes, I have set the limit to just one Tweet at a time. Just type in your Twitter username under Appearance and you’re good to go!
- Since so many people loved the “Currently reading” box, I’ve also included it in! Under the Appearance options, first check the box saying “Show reading book.” Then, upload the image URL of the book cover (just Google it) and paste it in the textbox marked “Book cover.” Then type in the “book title” and “book author” in their respective textboxes. No need to go through the codes just to update your books! :)
- Lotsa lotsa social media links provided.
- I’m sorry to say that this theme does not support high-res images and infinite scrolling. It just won’t work aesthetically-speaking.
To install, here we go! (I’m so fucking hyper right now.)
- Go here and copy everything.
- Go to Customize (that is, Dashboard > little gear button on top > select the blog you want to install the theme at > Customize).
- Click “Edit HTML.”
- Erase all the codes in there. Paste the new ones you copied.
- Click “Update preview.” It’s gonna look shit, but don’t worry!
- Save it, and then, without doing anything else, close the Customize page.
- Re-open Customize page. Now it looks better!
- Customize your stuff!
- Save and be awesome.
I just want to thank everyone for liking this, as I love it myself. I was to postpone uploading it but I just got a job and I also just got my first car so I’m practically happy right now and I wanted to share the love. Enjoy! :)